Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My trip to Wyoming

Twenty-one hours on a bus with a bunch of kids I don’t know is not what I had in mind for summer vacation.  We were going to the Grand Tetons.  On the way there, we watched movies, we slept on the bus and we talked.
 
Once we got to the Grand Tetons, we met with our roommates.  I didn’t know any of them, so I introduced myself and they introduced themselves.
The next day, we went into our hiking groups and we went hiking.  We hiked for 2-4 miles. Then we stopped for lunch.  On the way back to the van, we saw a yellow bellied marmot.  When we were heading back to the campus, we saw some buffalo and some prong-horn (like a deer).
Then on the next day, we went hiking at a different place.  We saw more animals, like elk, ground squirrels (like prairie dogs) and some more prong-horn.
The last day, we went canoeing and one of the teachers fell out of his canoe, so we sent a different group to pick him and his partner up.  After that, we went on a night hike and we saw a fox, an owl and some cows.  The fox walked right onto the campus!
The next day, we woke up, cleaned up and got packed.  We were heading back home.  At about 1 AM on the bus, there was a little fire in the cargo hold under the bus.  All of our clothes and belongings stunk.  We were finally home.
That’s my story about Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment